Belmont Recruitment currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join Newcastle City Council on an initial 6 month temporary assignment. This is a full time role, working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing revenue and capital budgets and providing monitoring information in line with requirements
- Supporting the finalisation of the outturn position and the production of statutory accounts
- Maintaining accounting records and financial systems
- Responding to queries and providing advice and guidance to clients as required
- Actioning budget and other required changes in the General Ledger
- Completing relevant grant claims and returns
- Previous experience of working as an Accounts Assistant, ideally within a Local Authority
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills and previous experience of using Microsoft Applications
Please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible if this position would be of interest to you!