We are currently recruiting for a First Line Support Engineer to work with the UK Biocentre in Milton Keynes. You will be responsible for providing first line support in maintaining and repairing laboratory instruments and equipment in a technologically advanced manner. Utilising comprehensive understanding of instruments and applications, diagnosis and repair will be key duties to optimise high throughput automation of Life Sciences projects. This crucial position will be embedded within the laboratories to provide direct support to laboratory operators in issues related to both software and hardware.
- Lead equipment breakdown deep dive activities to identify underlying causes and provide repair and preventative maintenance to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Help develop best practice of automation users complying to SOPs.
- Work closely with equipment users to write and optimise protocols on automation platforms.
- Establish and maintain strong rapports with Vendor Application Specialists and Field Service Engineers.
- Develop and implement a proactive maintenance schedule for key equipment.
- Carry out ongoing equipment performance analysis.
- Interface with Quality Team to ensure compliance with ISO15189.
- Interface with IT team to ensure instruments are supported.
- Calibration of various scientific instrument types.
- Installing and configuring workstations of automation instruments in preparation for validation methods.
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary will depend on experience.
If the above position is potentially of interest, please get in touch with Jake Singh at Belmont Recruitment to discuss further or apply now!