Belmont Recruitment currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Pupil Placement Officer to join a Local Authority in Lancashire’s Children’s Services Department. This is a full time position, working 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
As a Pupil Placement Officer, you will be responsible for responding to the pressure for school places in Pendle, Burnley and Rossendale to try and reduce the number of children missing from education Lancashire. This includes working with partners to develop practise to support and communicate with families where children are out of school.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acting as a key contact for families who are actively seeking a school place
- Advising stakeholders on the Department for Education’s School Admissions Code
- Negotiating / challenging senior leaders who are unwilling to admin a pupil that ought to be admitting to school roll
- Assessing background information to determine appropriate provisions
- Request Children Missing Education support if parents are difficult to engage with
- Maintaining contact and action records on the Education Management Systems
- Previous experience of working with Children and Young People, ideally within an Educational setting within a Local Authority or School
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Full UK Driver’s Licence and ability to travel throughout the East Lancashire area
Please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV if this position would be of interest!