Belmont Recruitment currently have several opportunities available for experienced Children’s Residential Practitioners to join Bradford Council’s Children in Care Service on an initial 6 month temporary contract.
As a Residential Practitioner, you will be required to provide day-to-day 24 hour care to a group of young people who may have physical or learning disabilities and who display challenging behaviour.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementing care plans, devising behaviour management and health plans, and undertaking risk assessments
- Supervising day to day physical and emotional needs of the children
- Assisting children with their personal care and hygiene
- Engaging in physical activities and tasks including walking, moving and handling and leisure activities
- Level 3 NVQ in Childcare or equivalent
- Previous experience of working with Children and Young People, ideally within a Residential setting
- Understanding of physical, intellectual, social and emotional development of Children & Young People
Hours – Shifts are on a rota basis however will mainly cover Monday to Friday with occasional weekends
Location – BD10 9LE
Please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible if this position would be of interest to you.